Read this guide before you start replacing the hard disk on your PS3.
If you'd like more space to store games, movies or other content on your PS3 system, you can replace the hard disk.
Read these safety instructions before getting started:
- Remove the hard disk in a location out of the reach of small children to help prevent accidental swallowing of small parts such as screws.
- Turn off and unplug the system before attempting to remove the hard disk.
- The system may not be stable when placed upside down. Be careful not to injure yourself when removing the screws.
- Allow time for the system to cool down before starting to remove the hard disk.
- Be careful not to injure yourself when removing or handling the screw cover or the hard disk.
- Be sure to reattach the screw cover and the HDD bay cover before turning the PS3 system on. If these covers are not attached, heat may build up inside the system.
- To attach or remove screws, use an appropriate crosshead screwdriver. If the size does not match, the groove on the screw's head may be damaged.
- If your system required an authorised service, the hard disk that had been in use prior to servicing may need to be reformatted. Be sure to back up important data in advance.
- To help protect your personal information and prevent misuse of this information by others, be sure to clear passwords for all Sony Entertainment Network accounts and remove the hard disk before submitting the PS3 system for service.