Find out how to download PS Vita titles onto a PS3 system and transfer them using Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation.
Before performing this procedure:
- Insert the memory card for the PS Vita system.
- Link a Sony Entertainment Network account to your PS Vita system.
- If you have a Sony Entertainment Network account that was created on a different device such as a PlayStation 3 system or a PC, you can sign in using these details.
- Sign in to PlayStation Network on your PS3 system.
- To use Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation, you must sign in using the same Sony Entertainment Network account on your PS3 system and your PS Vita system.
- On your PS3 system, the system software must be version 4.00 or later, you must be signed in and all applications must be closed.
1. Go to PlayStation Store on PS3
On your PlayStation 3 system, go to PlayStation Network > [PlayStation®Store] on the XMB™ Menu.
2. Find your content
Navigate to the [PlayStation®Vita] section within PlayStation Store and select the content you wish to download. Follow the standard procedure to download this content to your PS3 system.
3. Connect your PS Vita system to your PS3 system
Use a USB cable to connect your PS Vita system to your PS3 system, then select the Content Manager icon on the home screen of the PS Vita system and tap Start.
4. Choose the transfer type
Select [PS3™ System → PS Vita System] followed by [Applications].
5. Choose items
Select the item you want to transfer to your PS Vita system and then tap [Copy].
6. Play game
Once the download is complete, the game icon will appear on the home screen. Tap this to bring up the LiveArea screen for the title and select [Start].
- When you perform a copy or delete operation for a game or other application on the PS Vita card that stores saved data and add-ons on the PS Vita system's memory card, only the data stored on the memory card is copied or deleted. Saved data and add-ons on the PS Vita card cannot be copied or deleted.
- When multiple Sony Entertainment Network accounts are linked with the PS3 system, the applications for all accounts are displayed. However, you can only copy and delete applications for the account that is linked to your PS Vita system.
- Some types of content downloaded from PlayStation Store can only be used on a limited number of devices per account. Manage the devices on which you use the content by activating and deactivating devices.
- You cannot copy PSP game format content from the PS3 system to your PS Vita system if the PSP game format content is already installed on the PS3 system. To enable copying of this type of content to your PS Vita system, download the content again from the download list in PlayStation Store using the PS3 system.
- Age restricted content can be copied, but to play it parental controls must either be off or set appropriately.
- Some types of content cannot be copied or deleted.
- To delete application data from your PS Vita system, use edit mode from the home screen. To enter edit mode, touch and hold the home screen. If you delete the application icon, all the data for the application will be deleted.