[Online Storage] is a feature under Game > [Saved Data Utility (PS3™)] .
You can store PlayStation 3 format software saved data on a PlayStation Network server and download it to another PlayStation 3 system to continue playing your game. To use this feature you must have a Sony Entertainment Network account and be a PlayStation Plus member.
- The maximum available storage capacity for one Sony Entertainment Network account is 1GB. The maximum number of saved data items that can be stored with one Sony Entertainment Network account is 1,000.
- Saved data that is not for PlayStation 3 format software cannot be stored.
Copy-protected saved data is handled as follows.
Uploading to online storage: Can be done at any time.
Downloading saved data from online storage: Once saved data that is copy-protected is uploaded to or downloaded from online storage, you must wait at least 24 hours before downloading the same data again.
You cannot use Online Storage for some games.
Saved Data Auto-Upload
You can store new and recently updated saved data for PlayStation 3 format software in Online Storage automatically on a regular basis.
This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStation Plus members.
1. Set [Automatic Update] to [On]. To make this setting, go to Settings > [System Settings] > [Automatic Update].
2. Under Game, select the game for which you want to automatically upload saved data, and then press the Triangle button.
3. Select [Saved Data Auto-Upload] and set it to [On].
Note: You must set this feature for each individual game.
Uploading saved data for PS3 format software to online storage manually
1. Select Game > [Saved Data Utility (PS3™)] , select the data you want to upload, and then press the Triangle button.
2. Select [Copy].
3. Select [Online Storage] as the save destination.
Downloading saved data from online storage to the PS3 system
1. Select Game > [Saved Data Utility (PS3™)], and then select [Online Storage].
2. Select the saved data you want to download, and then press the Triangle button.
3. Select [Copy].