By entering the Weekend Debate Competition promotion (the "Promotion"), organised by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, of 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP (the "Promoter"), entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Specific Rules and the General Rules for Prize Promotions.
- The Promotion is open to residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- The Promoter reserves the right to ask entrants at any time to provide proof that they meet the above conditions (for example, by requesting copies of their passport). If entrants do not provide this proof when requested, the Promoter may disqualify them from the Promotion, or withhold their prize.
- The Promotion opens for entries on 22/7/2011 at 15.00 BST and closes for entries on 25/7/2011 at 09.00 BST (the "Promotional Period").
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(i) create a Sony Entertainment Network master account ("SEN Account") or if one already exists, sign in to their SEN Account. Entrants may not enter with a SEN sub account;
(ii) visit blog.eu.playstation.com
(iii) write and submit a post on one or more of the Blogs in response to the topic of the week. Discussion topics will be posted on Twitter two hours prior to the opening time at http://twitter.com/PlayStationEU.
- All entries must be original and the entrant's own work (please click on the General Rules for further details). Entrants may enter the promotion more than once, but will only be eligible to win one prize.
- Entrants must adhere to sections 7 and 8 of the General Rules. In addition, the entries must not contain any (i) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery, (ii) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language, (iii) harassing or defamatory content, (iv) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others, (v) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality, (vi) violent or dangerous behaviour, and/or (vii) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with rule 6 and 7.
- Eligible entries may continue to be displayed in the Blogs following the closing date at the Promoter's discretion.
- Following the closing date 5 winners from each of the Blogs will be selected by an independent judge on the basis of the contribution their entry has made to discussion on the Blog during the Promotional Period.
- The prize for the winners is a PSN Voucher Code for Eat Them! for the PlayStation 3 console (the "Prize"). The downloadable version of the game can be purchased on PlayStation®Store for £6.29/€7.99. No cash alternative is available and the Prize is non-transferable. The PSN voucher code will have an expiry date. PSN Voucher Code Terms and Conditions apply.
- By participating in the promotion, entrants will be considered to have given the Promoter and its associated companies and agents, permission to use the comments posted on the Blogs, in whole or in part, for any purposes it deems necessary to promote, advertise or exploit the PlayStation® brand and anything connected to it.
- Prizes shall be dispatched by private message to the winners SEN Accounts. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to dispatch prizes within 7 working days of the closing date, but the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for prizes that are dispatched later than this period.
- If the Prize or any part of it is found to be defective or damaged on delivery, the Promoter must be notified in writing within 7 days of the delivery date. Otherwise, the prize will be deemed to be accepted as delivered. This does not affect your statutory rights (if any).
- The winners may be required to pay tax on their Prize in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation.
- The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary.
- The details of the winners (name and country) will be made available on request to those enclosing a stamped addressed envelope marked to the following address within 8 weeks of the closing date:
Weekend Debate Competition
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd
10 Great Marlborough Street
- General Rules apply to the Promotion. Please click here to view the General Rules.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.